Without the mass media, "Empty Streets" would never reach the people who can work together with us to make a difference. Here's a list of media outlets that have helped spread our message.
"Empty Streets" has been talked about in some media outlets, including the Modesto Bee, the Modesto View, the Lodi News-Sentinel and the Grass Valley Union newspapers in California, and in Hawaii in the Honolulu Star-Bulletin, Honolulu Advertiser, Kauai People News and The Garden Island.
December 2013/January 2014
Thanks to the ORANGE COUNTY BLUES SOCIETY, we were in OC Weekly
KKCR radio in Hawaii interviewed Paul and they debuted (Hawaii debut) two songs and played two tracks written especially for the film.
Paul did an interview and debuted (world premiere) two songs from our Soundtrack. On KIOC radio (their weekend Blues show)
Heal my PTSD (blog) asked us to do a guest Post.
45-minute Solutions Now Radio interview. Scroll to 63:00
May 7th-May 13th Hawaii Reel Stories on OC 16
Memorial Day weekend (Kong Radio)
Memorial Day (morning segment on Hawaii News Now)
The Garden Island Newspaper Lifestyle Section
Empty Streets was also covered by television news the week of October 1–5, with segments on
Honolulu's CBS, ABC and Fox affiliates.
• Honolulu Star-Bulletin. "Surviving life’s battlefield: An Oahu Marine's rocky return to civilian life inspires a short film the director hopes will help veterans." By Katherine Nichols. 11/23/2007
• Radio interview on "Good Vibrations," a local talk program on Kauai Community Radio (KKCR 90.9 FM. kkcr.org). Hosted by Tracey Schavone. 10/10/2007
• Impromptu radio interview with Marc Valentin of Kong Radio (KQNG 93.5 FM). 9/17/2007
• Radio interview with Ely and Paul on "Insight," a public affairs talk program on Capital Public Radio (KXJZ – 90.9 FM. capradio.org/insight). Hosted by Jeffrey Callison. 9/27/2007
• "‘Empty Streets’ hits home." — The Garden Island (Kauai, Hawaii. kauaiworld.com). By Amanda Gregg. 9/27/2007
Paul interviewed for Fireside Chats in the "Modesto View," a weekly arts and entertainment newspaper. Paul discussed the experience of shooting Empty Streets in and around Modesto, California.
• "The characters in Empty Streets have No Exit." — Review by Jay of the Willie Nelson Peace Research Institute. willienelsonpri.com From the review: "Empty Streets strongly evokes the psychological costs We The People pay for the military aggression commanded by our leaders." 7/15/2007
June 2007• The OC16 television show "Hawaii Reel Stories" has a segment in the episode airing July 26–Aug. 2. Also, the Hawaii Film and Video Magazine blog, Tim Ryan's Reel Hawaii, has mentioned "Empty Streets."
• "Congrats to Kauai-raised producer Paul Booth …" — Tim Ryan's Reel Hawaii. 6/19/2007
• In Hawaii, "Empty Streets" has been covered by KGMB-9 news. They used two clips and on-set interviews with Desiree, Ely, Tony and Paul.
• "Indie short film examines the stresses a returning soldier experiences." — The (Grass Valley, Calif.) Union. 4/12/2007
• "'Empty Streets' Depicts PTSD of Hawaii War Veteran." — Hawaii Film Blog. 4/6/2007
March 2007• "Kauai filmmaker tackles war and the effects on veterans." — The Garden Island (Kauai, Hawaii. kauaiworld.com). By Keya Keita. 3/30/2007
• "Filmmaker tells a friend's story of life after military service." — Lodi News-Sentinel. By Lauren Nelson. 3/10/2007
• Paul did a TV interview with Modesto's "Central Valley Report." He was interviewed on set in Modesto.
• "Moanalua grad to tell war vet's tale." — Honolulu Star-Bulletin. By Katherine Nichols. 2/1/2007